- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cups kale or baby kale
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium green apple chopped.
- 1 medium overripe banana
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 lemon peeled ( can leave whole seeds intact)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water or more if it is needed
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
In a blender combine all the ingredients and add extra water if needed to thin.
Note: If you are new to green smoothies start with a mild green like baby spinach and lettuce. Then you can try incorporating stronger-tasting greens.