Hold Your Own Virtual Food Drive! Use Second Harvest’s Easy-to-Use Service.
A virtual fund drive is an online fundraising campaign using our Givezooks web-based fundraising tool. Givezooks allows any individual to raise money on behalf of their favorite organization. You can simply create fundraising web pages that can serve as an instrument to solicit family and friends for donations on behalf of Second Harvest Food Bank.
You can also use the tool to ask your friends and family to donate to your virtual fund drive in lieu of gifts for your next birthday or anniversary! Creating a virtual fund drive is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Sign-up for your own Givezooks page online-it’s free. Click on “Start a grassroots fundraiser” to create your page.
2. Create your own personal fundraising page. This is very simple and only takes about 5 minutes.
Make sure that you include pictures and stories to engage your visitors. Set a fundraising goal.
3. Submit your fundraiser to Second Harvest. We will approve and launch your fundraiser.
4. Invite your friends and family to the site so that they can donate to your favorite cause. Visitors
can also sign your guest book and comment on your blog.
5. You can keep your friends and family apprised of your progress by blogging on your grassroots site.
6. Would you like help setting up your page? E-mail Bly or call her at (831) 722-7110 x 226 for assistance.
Check out this sample:
Hotel Program: Your Spare Change Creates Lasting Change
Second Harvest Food Bank currently provides emergency food, nutrition education, and other services to over 50,000 people each month. In a county with a population of 250,000 people, this is a significant task.
When you stay as a guest in a Santa Cruz County hotel, you can make a difference in the lives of the people who serve you by leaving your spare change in the envelope provided. Just 20 cents can help to feed a child. Thanks to donors like you, Second Harvest is able to use 95 cents of every dollar given to distribute healthy food.
Thank you for your help!
To receive more information about Second Harvest Food Bank, sign up for our electronic newsletter.