Events at Second Harvest
Second Harvest is proud to be known in this community for hosting events that are fun AND serve the greater good. Our events are all different; some are casual and educational, while others are Santa Cruz events of the season! All serve the same purpose-to advance the mission of Second Harvest in alleviating hunger in our community.
The largest variety of food Second Harvest distributes comes from community food drives – AND YOU CAN HELP! Please donate to all food drives that are held throughout each year. Food collected will be distributed to our 200 member agencies and programs in Santa Cruz County. Remember, those in need of food are hungry year-round, not just over the holiday season.
Set a trend and organize a food drive of your own through your business, school, club, church or organization. We can help by supplying bags, donation envelopes, posters and barrels. Download your Food Drive Participation Form and get started today!
* Get involved!
E-mail Bly for details.
Hosting a food drive is easy! Pick the dates and location of your food drive. We will guide you by dropping off and picking up barrels, and we will supply you with bags and donation envelopes to distribute. Follow these easy steps for a successful food drive:
- Download our do-it-yourself Food Drive Kit
- Decide on the dates, locations, and supplies needed for your drive.
- Sign up with Second Harvest for barrel delivery and pick-up by filling out a Participation Form
- Promote your drive to the prospective participants (employees, customers, members, etc.).
- Start collecting food and money!
- At the end of your drive, Second Harvest will pick up and weigh your donations. NOTE: If your barrels become full during your drive, contact Bly Morales or (831) 722-7110 ext. 226 and we will pick them up and replace them with empty barrels.
Most Needed Food
Canned Fruits and Vegetables
Meals in a can
Canned Foods with pop-top lids
- Organize a garage sale or lemonade stand to collect food or funds to support a Food Drive.
- Collect food from neighbors or at your neighborhood party for donation to Second Harvest.
- Contact Bly Morales at (831) 722-7110 ext 226 for more ideas or assistance with your food collection.
- If you would like us to list your community food drive on the website or through our social media, please contact Bly Morales.