• 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
• 2 cups frozen or fresh chopped bell peppers and onions
• 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into small cubes
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté bell peppers and onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium.
4. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes. Sweet potatoes may begin to stick to the skillet, but continue to stir gently until cooked through.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: Calories 244; Protein 3g; Fiber 4g! Carbohydrates 38g; Sodium 407mg