- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or toasted sunflower seeds
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
1. In a medium bowl, toss butternut squash cubes with 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Spread out on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 35 to 45 minutes until squash is as tender as desired.
3. While squash is roasting, heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a small skillet. Add garlic, sage and pine nuts, and sauté until pine nuts are lightly browned. Remove from heat.
4. Scoop butternut squash into a large bowl. Scrape contents from the skillet onto the butternut squash and gently toss.