2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup quick oats
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp canola oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup skim milk
zest from half a lemon
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup shredded zucchini
12 oz fresh raspberries
• Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
• In a large bowl, sift together flour, oats, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
• In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, oil, egg, milk, zest and lemon juice. Blend using a whisk until uniform.
• Add in the zucchini and stir well.
• Add the wet mixture to the bowl with the flour and stir until just mixed.
• Very gently fold in raspberries.
• Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Yields 18 muffins.