· 1 cup quinoa
· 2 cups water
· 2 Tbsp plus 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
· 1 bunch kale, torn
· 1 shallot, finely chopped
· 1 14.5oz can of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
· 1cup cherry tomatoes, halved
· 5 fresh basil leaves, torn
· Zest and juice of 1 lemon
· Salt & pepper to taste
1. Over medium heat, add the quinoa to a saucepan and toast until it pops steadily and smells nutty, about 3 minutes. Add the water, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cover loosely for 12 minutes or until water absorbs. Set aside to cool.
2. In another pan, over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add the kale and shallots to cook until wilted (4 minutes).
3. Transfer cooked kale and shallots into large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa, chickpeas, tomatoes, basil, and a pinch of salt/pepper.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1/3 cup olive oil. Add dressing to salad and toss.