2 tsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium tomato, chopped
⅔ cup salsa of your choice
1 tsp chili powder
2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choosing
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup corn, drained
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1. Heat oil in a large skillet or pot.
2. Add onion and garlic and saute until tender.
3. Add tomato, salsa, chili powder and beans and cook for a few minutes, until thick.
4. Remove from heat and mash with a fork if you would like, though this step is optional.
5. Add cheese, cilantro, corn and lime and stir until the cheese is melted.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serves 10 people as a dip.