Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed a package of bills to improve food security and support for lower-income seniors and working families.
- AB 6 by Assemblymember Felipe Fuentes (D-Los Angeles) – CalWORKs and CalFresh.
- AB 69 by Assemblymember Jim Beall (D-San Jose) – Senior nutrition benefits.
- AB 152 by Assemblymember Felipe Fuentes (D-Los Angeles) – Income tax credits for voluntary donations to food banks and State Emergency Food Assistance Program.
- AB 402 by Assemblymember Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – CalFresh program: School Lunch Program information.
- AB 581 by Speaker John A. Pérez (D-Los Angeles) – California Healthy Food Financing Initiative.
- AB 959 by Assemblymember Brian Jones (R-La Mesa) – CalWORKs and CalFresh: reporting.
- SB 43 by Senator Carol Liu (D-Pasadena) – CalFresh Employment and Training program.