Please join us in fighting hunger and feeding hope.
Start planning your food/fundraiser today and make a difference in your community.
(For School Food/Fund Drives Click Here)
How do I do it?
- Attend the Annual Holiday Food & Fund Drive Kickoff Luncheon
- Resister your food & fund drive online: Business/Organization Registration or Community/Neighborhood Registration
- Set up your online fundraising page – It’s fast and easy and all donations made to your page go directly to the Holiday Food Drive and are credited to your business or organization towards your total raised. Email Bryn Calderon if you need any help setting it up.
- Spread the Word– Make a plan and challenge your friends, family, co-workers, and peers help you meet or even exceed your goals.
- 5. Celebrate – Share the impact of your drive to let participants know that every $1 helped! Each year in March, Second Harvest hosts an Annual Awards Dinner to recognize those groups and individuals who have made a difference in our community. It is a great opportunity to celebrate the efforts of everyone who donated their time and talents to make a difference.
Funds vs. Food
Why does Second Harvest prefer raising funds over food?
During the Holiday Food Drive, Second Harvest collects food and funds. And while we still love receiving dry and canned foods, funds go so much further.
If you spend an extra $25 at the grocery store and donate the food, you can add a few items to a donation barrel. But if you donate that $25 directly, Second Harvest can acquire enough food to fill an entire barrel!
It’s true. Our relationships with farmers and our buying power allow us to do so much with every dollar—so we’re encouraging the donation of food-funds to make the biggest dent in hunger. We’re committed to an efficient operation, and direct donations are the very best use of your money.
Plus, we don’t have to spend money on trucks and fuel to transport the barrel, allowing those resources to feed even more people.
We’ve made it easy for you to collect Holiday Food Drive fund donations with printable flyers, customizable donation pages, and more.
Does Second Harvest still accept donations of food?
Of course. If you can commit to filling a barrel with food, we’ll send a truck to drop it off and another to pick it up full. If filling a barrel is difficult at your location, we have red donation bins (about 1/2 the size of a barrel) available for pick up and drop off at Second Harvest in Watsonville.
For more information or questions contact Bly Morales, Senior Manager Events & Food Drives at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-498-4119.