About Second Harvest
Founded in 1972, Second Harvest Food Bank Santa Cruz County was the first food bank in California and is the second oldest in the nation. We began by distributing food from a parking lot in Santa Cruz to groups operating the Breakfast For Kids programs.
Second Harvest works to end hunger and malnutrition by educating and involving the community. Through our network of 200 agencies and programs and their 3,000 volunteers, we distribute over 7.3 million pounds of food annually to working poor families, children, and seniors.
Our mission is end hunger and malnutrition by educating and involving the community. Our vision is to use 95 cents of every dollar for program services while increasing the distribution of healthy foods and nutrition education.
Meet the Staff of Second Harvest
Financial and Administrative Background
- Find how to contact a specific staff member here.
- Second Harvest has been a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization since 1993.
- Second Harvest’s audits have been in conformity with generally accepted accounting practices. View our most recent audit letter. Request a full audit document.
- View our most recent annual report.
- Go to Guidestar to view our full Form 990.
- Second Harvest is a member of Feeding America.